1.3K views

I purchased an Account-Now Visa prepaid Debit card in order to have my daughter's Child Support money directly deposited onto the card because I was living in a Shelter and unable to recieve the checks by mail. For about 19 months, I used MY social security number to access my account, until in the store one day buing food for my child and being denied.

I called the card's customer service and was told that my account had been closed because the social security number on file of the account did not match mine. IMPOSSIBLE! I had been using the card with my social for over a year and a half! I was told that my daughter's FATHER's social security number was the one on the account, so my account was closed due to THEIR ERROR! The child support money came DIRECTLY from the court and could NOT legally be FROM himself TO himself!

Now, the company is holding my daughter's child support in a CLOSED ACCOUNT and refuses to return it! They told me to fax them my VERY personal identifying information, (social security card, driver's licence, utility bill, etc.), which I HAVE DONE!

Now the company has my money AND my identity! Whenever I call, I am placed on hold for 15 minutes or MORE, ONLY to be hung up on, or directed to a message box that remains full. I do not understand how this is legal?

Is there ANYONE out there who can help?

Had an Experience with Visa?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1242439

How can i get a new account now prepaid card. My was lost

Deposited $40 on my card....been denied at multiple places to use it.....was told at first by a rep the acct was closed because of inactivity....asked to speak to manager, and he has a different story saying I need to provide all my personal info.....y'all can just keep the $40 your not getting any personal info from me....YOU FRAUDS!

San Ramon, California, United States #943731

Dear Maam,

Good Day!

Apologies for the late response.I would like to attend to your concern regarding your funds.

I am from the corporate office and I would like you to send us an email directly and please provide your account information so I could call or reply to your letter.Our email address is customerservice@accountnow.com.

JRF

JRF

AccountNow Inc.

San Ramon, CA

to JR Chicago, Illinois, United States #943648

Account now has basically gave me the run arounds because they sent me a card with the wrong last name I've sent every thing by fax and their upload site my refund was direct deposit now they won't let me get through to a live rep and my pending deposit has vanished im headed to the irs once I take my daughter to school

to JR #1109289

Call California FBI or email them @ san.francisco.ic.gov

It is time to fight back no one desrves to take our hard earned money.A invesigation on this company has been requested I suggest u do the same.

They r freezing accounts taking tax checks direct deposits everywhere!!Fight back Call California Fbi!!!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #878096

Hey, my name is Tyanna..I do a lot of research on lawsuit..

got 2 coming my way ..

1 for debt collection..call me 904 405 7313

New York, New York, United States #845875

I am going to sue this company, my boyfriend purchase reloadit cards so I can add to my account now to pay my rent and bills now accountnow shut my card down with $890 and won't release my funds I have been back and forth with customer service still no results so I contacted my state attorney

AccountNow
to Hateaccountnow #847537

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your account.We'd like to help.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss your personal information in a public forum.Can you send us an email at customerservicePC@accountnowinc.com referencing your name (as it appears on your card), last four digits of your card number and best number to reach you at?

Sincerely,

GF

AccountNow

I know of 8 different people plus myself who used Account Now for their tax refund because of the early delivery of the funds.Account Now accepted our tax returns and after about 4 days they suddenly blocked the cards.

One person was in the middle of shopping when her card got blocked. They could not give an explanation as to why it was blocked only that documents were needed to confirm identity. We have sent these people our whole life documents and still no release of the funds. After they got our documents they proceeded to say they closed the account and sent the money back to the IRS and it would take 6 weeks for the IRS to get it.

Mind you the IRS stated that Account Now was the 3rd recipient and they originally sent the money to University Bank. Account Now refuses to provide me with any more information.

Even though they have my full identity and all of my money along with others.We are gathering other individuals who have been scammed by this company.Please email contact info to AGAINSTPREPAIDTHIEVES@GMAIL.COM